(National Sentinel) Media: Once again, the Washington establishment press has proven that it has a “fake news” problem.
The day after President Donald J. Trump fired James B. Comey from his position as director of the FBI, the Washington Post reported that an “anonymous source” told the paper Comey had just gone to the Justice Department seeking more funding so he could expand the probe into Russia’s [non-existant] collusion with the Trump campaign to “steal the election” from Hillary Clinton.
Like dutiful Deep State lemmings, the rest of the Washington establishment press picked that up and ran with it.
The Post claimed:
Last week, then-FBI Director James B. Comey requested more resources from the Justice Department for his bureau’s investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, according to two officials with knowledge of the discussion.
Comey, who was fired by President Trump on Tuesday, made the request in a meeting last week with Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, and later briefed the chair and Democratic ranking member of the Senate Intelligence Committee on Monday, the officials said.
Uh, except that this is garbage.
The Department of Justice strongly refuted the story, as Fox News’ Bret Baier noted in a tweet:
And earlier today, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe was asked if the Post report was true; he said: “I strongly believe the Russia investigation is adequately resourced.” He then went on to say that asking for funding for a single investigation is highly unusual.
Only sycophantic supporters of the Democratic Party will continue to be duped by this irresponsible journalism, which is obviously not being driven by a desire to get at the truth but instead by rabid, unhinged, uncontrollable Trump hate in the ‘mainstream’ media.