The Latest:

Air Force cadet allegedly targeted by racist language wrote the message HIMSELF

(National SentinelRacism Hoax: An Air Force cadet who was allegedly targeted by a racist message written on a whiteboard earlier this fall actually wrote the message himself, reports KKTV.

The station reported Tuesday that “one of the cadet candidates at the Air Force Academy Preparatory School allegedly targeted by racist remarks has been found responsible for the act.”

The student has now left the academy, the station reported.

Spokesperson Lt. Col. Allen Herritage told The Gazette in an email, “We can confirm that one of the cadet candidates who was allegedly targeted by racist remarks written outside of their dorm room was actually responsible for the act,” adding, “(t)he individual admitted responsibility and this was validated by the investigation.”

Messages that read “Go home n***er” were discovered drawn on whiteboards outside the rooms of African-American cadet candidates at the Air Force Academy late September.

The message sparked national outrage, which of course included a mainstream media  firestorm following a speech from Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria condemning racism that went viral.

In his speech, Silveria — the academy’s superintendant — said racist cadets needed to “get out” while extolling the “diversity” of the U.S. military.

“We would also be tone deaf not to think about the backdrop of what is going on in our country. Things like Charlottesville, Ferguson, the protests in the NFL,” he added.

The Gazette noted that the cadet in question, who has not been identified publicly at this point, wrote the messages “in a bizarre bid to get out of trouble he faced at the school for other misconduct.

What are your thoughts?

Advertising disclaimer: Click here

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: