(National Sentinel) Murder: The Justice Department has filed new charges against Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, the illegal alien who was found not guilty last week of murdering San Francisco resident Kate Steinle in 2015.
“A federal grand jury indicted Jose Inez Garcia-Zarate today for being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, and for being an illegally present alien in possession of a firearm and ammunition,” according to a statement released by the Department of Justice.
If convicted of either of those chargers, Garcia Zarate could face up to 10 years in prison.
Zarate was acquitted of first and second degree murder and involuntary manslaughter on Thursday. He also was found not guilty by assault with a semi-automatic weapon.
The jury did find him guilty being a felon in possession of a firearm, which is essentially a gun crime.
Steinle was walking with her father and a family friend on a pier in San Francisco in July 2015 when she was fatally shot, collapsing into her father’s arm, Fox News reported.
The acquittal outraged President Donald J. Trump, who took to Twitter Friday morning to express his anger and disappointment at the decision.
“A disgraceful verdict in the Kate Steinle case! No wonder the people of our Country are so angry with Illegal Immigration,” he wrote.
“The Kate Steinle killer came back and back over the weakly protected Obama border, always committing crimes and being violent, and yet this info was not used in court. His exoneration is a complete travesty of justice. BUILD THE WALL!”
He added: “The jury was not told the killer of Kate was a 7 time felon. The Schumer/Pelosi Democrats are so weak on Crime that they will pay a big price in the 2018 and 2020 Elections.”
Attorney General Jeff Sessions also responded to the verdict by blasting sanctuary city policies.
“San Francisco’s decision to protect criminal aliens led to the preventable and heartbreaking death of Kate Steinle,” he said.
Advertising disclaimer: Click here
What are your thoughts?