The Latest:

White House: ‘Prez DOES NOT have to approve’ release of BOMBSHELL FISA memo

(National SentinelRelease: The White House pushed back on Wednesday against claims that only President Donald J. Trump has the authority to declassify an “explosive” “FISA memo” that reportedly contains extensive abuse of FISA authority within the FBI, deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley told WMAL.

“We don’t have to approve it. They have the right to de-classify the document,” Gidley told Daily Caller editorial director Vince Coglianese and WMAL host, citing “legal minds” consulted by the executive branch.

The memo was written by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., and others including Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. The contents of the memo contain classified information that was obtained from the FBI and the Justice Department.

“The document allegedly contains proof that the Obama administration abused its authority to obtain surveillance warrants on members of the 2016 Trump campaign,” The Daily Caller reported.

President Trump can object to the memo’s release, but he doesn’t have to approve it. House rules allow the intelligence panel to declassify it on a majority vote in the public interest.

Several House Republicans have said they want to see it released to the public. Some, including Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida, believe its contents are so explosive some people “will go to jail.”

“I believe this will not end just with firings. I believe there are people who will go to jail. I was very persuaded by the evidence,” he said last week.

Fox News contributor Sara Carter, the contents of the memo are so “explosive” that it could lead to the end of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russian collusion probe.

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, in discussing the revelations contained in the memo, added: “This should never happen in a country like America.”

Commenting on the memo, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Tuesday the White House supports “full transparency, and we believe that that’s at the House Intel Committee to make that decision at this point.”

Advertising disclaimer: Click here

What are your thoughts?

1 Trackback / Pingback

  1. Far Left in PANIC over FISA memo release; former FED prosecutor threatens CHARGES against House Intel chairman (Video) – The National Sentinel

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: