The Latest:

BONGINO: Former FBI deputy McCABE may STILL be hauled before Congress to answer questions about bogus ‘Trump dossier’

(National SentinelTestify: Former Secret Service agent and Conservative Review TV host Dan Bongino said Monday that just because former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe has stepped down from his post, he remains on the payroll and, thus, can still be summoned by Congress to answer questions under oath about his agency’s relationship to the “Trump dossier.”

FO-300x250-1

“McCabe is still subject to administrative FBI rules while on leave for the next 5 weeks. He must answer questions about his role in the Obamagate spying scandal BEFORE retiring or the administrative requirements disappear. If he used his position for ill intent we deserve to know,” tweeted Bongino.

McCabe’s resignation came one day after his boss, FBI Director Christopher Wray, went to the White House to read the so-called “FISA memo” written by Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee.

Reports have indicated that the memo implicates figures within the FBI and Justice Department during the Obama administration who may have misrepresented the dossier as legitimate intelligence in order to secure a surveillance warrant from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court so they could spy on President Donald J. Trump’s campaign.

The dossier was opposition research paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign and commissioned by Fusion GPS, which hired former British spy Christopher Steele to produce it.

None of the contents of the dossier have been publicly verified or proven accurate. Some GOP lawmakers want to know the FBI’s role in allegedly using the dossier to secure the warrant, and whether any money exchanged hands between the FBI and Steele as payment for the dossier.

Also, The New York Times reported:

In a recent conversation, Christopher A. Wray, the F.B.I. director, raised concerns about a forthcoming inspector general report examining the actions of Mr. McCabe and other senior F.B.I. officials during the 2016 presidential campaign, when the bureau was investigating both Hillary Clinton’s email use and the Trump campaign’s connections to Russia. 

In that discussion, according to one former law enforcement official close to Mr. McCabe, Mr. Wray suggested moving Mr. McCabe into another job, which would have been a demotion. Instead, the former official said, Mr. McCabe chose to leave. His departure was not announced at the bureau, leaving agents to learn of it from news reports. Mr. Wray, who was sworn in as director in August, named the bureau’s No. 3 official, David L. Bowdich, as his acting deputy.

Last week, the Daily Beast reported former FBI Director James Comey, McCabe and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein are officially named in the FISA abuse memo.

Advertising disclaimer: Click here

What are your thoughts?

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: