Advertisements
The Latest:

Dem LIES! FBI officials CLEAR ‘FISA memo,’ say NO ‘factual inaccuracies’ or classified INFO

(National SentinelCleared: FBI officials have examined the so-called “FISA Memo” assembled by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., and have concluded that releasing it won’t compromise national security.

Furthermore, as Fox News reported, the two FBI officials who examined the four-page memo — one from the bureau’s counterintelligence division and another from its legal division — said they found “no factual inaccuracies” in the memo, meaning its contents are accurate.

The network reported further:

The House Intelligence Committee voted late Monday along party lines to release the memo, prompting a backlash from Democratic lawmakers. Top Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff called it a “very sad day.” President Trump has five working days to review the contents but is widely expected not to block its release.

After the contentious committee vote Monday night, the source confirmed that House staffers physically took the memo over to the White House for the president.

The Justice Department, in a Jan. 24 letter from Assistant Attorney General Stephen E. Boyd, originally labeled  the Republican staff memo’s release “unprecedented” and “reckless.” Boyd also claimed, “Though we are currently unaware of any wrongdoing relating to the FISA process, we agree that any abuse of that system cannot be tolerated.”

However, Justice Department officials told the network Tuesday that portions of the memo are now “moot” — in particular the term “reckless,” since FBI and DoJ officials have now had the opportunity to review it.

FBI Director Christopher Wray went to Capitol Hill during a rare visit on Sunday evening to view the memo. On Monday, FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, who is reportedly mentioned in the memo, stepped down from his post after talking with Wray.

But DOJ officials told Fox News on Tuesday that parts of that memo are now “moot” — specifically the term “reckless,” as DOJ and FBI officials have now had the opportunity to review the document.

Fox News was told the memo was “drafted deliberately to eliminate national security information” that could be damaging if viewed by individuals outside of Congress.

GOP lawmakers have said “the memo speaks to whether the unverified anti-Trump dossier was used to secure or extend surveillance warrants for Americans, including a Trump associate,” Fox News reported.

“If you’re interested whether or not the dossier was used in court proceedings, whether or not it was funded by political opponents, you’ll want to see the memo,” Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., said on “Fox & Friends” over the weekend.

The network said its source noted that the Justice Department and FBI fought “tooth and nail” for more than a year to avoid having to provide surveillance-related documents to Congress. The source noted further that documents provided to Congress earlier this month, after Chairman Nunes threatened to move ahead with contempt of Congress citations, supported investigators’ earlier findings.

Fox News also reported:

The committee is in the process of lining up the remaining FBI and DOJ interviews, which are expected in early February, as part of its investigation. Intelligence committee Republicans have two outstanding records requests: for additional texts between FBI official Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, and records documenting an April 2017 meeting between DOJ lawyer and senior special counsel prosecutor Andrew Weissmann and a major media organization. The Weissmann deadline was Jan. 11.  

In a Jan. 4 letter, documenting his agreement with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to avoid contempt citations, Nunes wrote, “I understand that your office is researching records related to the details of an April 2017 meeting between DOJ Attorney Andrew Weissmann (now the senior attorney for Special Counsel Robert Mueller) and the media which will be provided to this Committee by close of business Thursday January 11, 2018.”

The FBI and DoJ requested additional time to gather all pertinent Weissman records. The network also said that the Intelligence Committee will push for the Weissmann records, which are related to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, next week if it has not yet received them.

FO-300x250-1

The report noted that President Donald J. Trump supports releasing the memo in full.

Advertising disclaimer: Click here

What are your thoughts?

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 The National Sentinel
Advertisements

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks

  1. Deep State PANIC over FISA memo: FBI statement claims ‘GRAVE CONCERNS’ about release
  2. MEMO COMING…FBI in PANIC mode as RELEASE is imminent

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: