(National Sentinel) Deep State: A four-page memo written by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee that reportedly details abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court by Obama-era officials in the FBI and Justice Department is likely to be released on Thursday, The Associated Press is reporting, quoting a Trump administration official.
Earlier, the FBI and Justice Department both said they have “grave concerns” about the memo’s release, which many believe will show how the Obama administration, using DOJ operatives, used a bogus opposition research document — the “Trump dossier” — to improperly obtain a surveillance warrant to spy on President Donald J. Trump’s campaign.
“The FBI was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it,” the FBI said in a statement. “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”
But Fox News reported earlier this week that two FBI officials — one from the counterintelligence division and another from the legal division — cleared the memo, stating they found “no factual inaccuracies” in the memo and that releasing it that releasing it won’t compromise national security.
Fox News was told the memo was “drafted deliberately to eliminate national security information” that could be damaging if viewed by individuals outside of Congress.
Update: 12:59 CST: Fox News is reporting that the White House is planning on releasing the memo Friday morning….developing…
Advertising disclaimer: Click here
What are your thoughts?