The Latest:

Syrian, Russian militaries REFUSING to allow inspectors into site of chemical weapons attack

(National SentinelObstruction: Syrian government and Russian military officials are blocking independent inspectors from entering a site where a suspected chemical attack took place earlier this month.

As reported by Fox News, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), said its inspectors were told by officials from both countries that “pending security issues” are preventing them from entering Douma, the Syrian city where U.S. and French intelligence officials say the poison gas attack occurred on April 7.

Washington and Paris have blamed Syrian President Bashar Assad for the attack that left more than 60 people, including children, dead.

Assad has denied responsibility, and Russia has blamed Britain for staging the attack.

Fox News reported further:

Instead of inviting them to enter the city, Syrian officials have offered them the chance to interview 22 people as witnesses, Ahmet Uzumcu, Director-General of OPCW, told an executive council meeting of the group on Monday.

He added that he hoped “all necessary arrangements will be made … to allow the team to deploy to Douma as soon as possible.”

President Donald J. Trump has labeled Assad’s act, which resumed amid an offensive by Syrian government forces after the collapse of a truce, “are not the actions of a man,” but “are the crimes of a monster instead.”

The attack was, in large part, responsible for the U.S., Britain, and France launching massive missile strikes against Syrian chemical facilities.

We’re leaving censoring, prying, data-scraping social media! That’s why we hope you’ll join us on our new MeWe Page, where they value privacy and free speech!

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: