Advertisements

CNN is next on the lawsuit list for media-slandered Covington high schooler — and the amount is eye-watering

By Jon Dougherty

Attorneys for Nick Sandmann, the Covington, Ky., Catholic high schooler whose reputation was wrongly savaged by the mainstream media in January, promised a day of reckoning for the various outlets responsible.

That day has already come for The Washington Post. Attorneys filed a $250 million suit against the paper last month, alleging the paper “wrongfully targeted and bullied Nicholas because he was the white, Catholic student wearing a red ‘Make America Great Again’ souvenir cap on a school field trip to the January 18 March for Life in Washington, D.C.”

Next up: CNN, according to an interview with L. Lin Wood, Sandmann’s primary attorney, which will air on Mark Levin’s Fox News program Sunday.

During the interview, Wood characterized CNN’s coverage of the Covington controversy in general, and on Sandmann in particular, as “more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than the Washington Post.”

“Now you say you’ve seen the tape, if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room,” Wood noted. “But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that make America great again cap on. So they go after him.”

“They were vicious. It was false. CNN will be sued next week and the dollar figure in the CNN case may be higher than it was in the Washington Post,” Wood said, adding that he planned to file the suit March 11.

“I’ve got some young smart lawyers that are working hard as we speak. Double-checking and listen, when we file complaints, we’ve investigated it because we want to get it right. Maybe CNN can learn from that,” he added.




And here’s the kicker: Wood told Levin that the amount of CNN‘s suit will be far higher than that filed against the Post.

“I expect because of the way they went after Nicholas so viciously that the claim for his reputational damage will be higher than it was against the Washington Post,” Wood said.

“I would think the punitive damage award against CNN that we’ll seek will be at least the same $200 million as it was against the Washington Post. But the compensatory damage to Nicholas’s reputation, that number I expect will be higher,” he explained.

The suits are the result of the mostly media-generated controversy over Sandmann’s alleged ‘confrontation’ with Native American activist Nathan Phillips.

alleged altercation between Sandmann and Phillips was captured by several people on video and immediately went viral, especially after news outlets like the Washington Post picked up the story.

The media blamed the incident on ‘white racism’ and claimed that Sandmann had accosted Phillips. But within 24 hours other videos surfaced showing that Phillips initiated contact with Sandmann and his fellow students from the all-boys school in Kentucky.

Sandmann and his fellow students were subjected to racist taunts from a group of Black Israelites, though the media largely ignored those to focus on the white Catholic MAGA hat-wearing students.

Attorneys Wood Wood and Todd McMurtry said that their Post suit was merely the first in a wave of additional legal actions they are planning to file against so-called “mainstream” media outlets over their biased coverage of the incident.

Watch:

Never miss a story! Sign up for our daily email newsletter — Click here!


Trending Politics

3
Leave a Reply

avatar
2 Comment threads
1 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

  Subscribe  
Notify of
Dr. Mark Lane
Guest
Dr. Mark Lane

I wish them all the Luck in the World. Make them PAY !

Eloise
Guest

Good for you, Nick! I’m fed up with organized phony leftist publicity-seeking set-ups like the ones used against you and your student colleagues that are designed by leftist liars to create confrontational scenes filmed by a complicit Main Stream Media to accuse conservatives of racism and/or whatever false allegations they dream up. Shame on them! Thank you for standing up to them! Stay strong! You and your attorneys give me hope that a costly lesson is about to be learned by all those using such dishonest tactics to hurt innocent people just because they have different political beliefs. Loading...

%d bloggers like this: